We rung in the new year in a quiet fashion. We did not welcome it at midnight, as there is no way I can stay up that late. Finley slept in on new year's day, so we greeted 2014 at the very reasonable hour of 6:30 am (if you had told me a year ago that I would consider that "sleeping in", I probably would have cried!)
I made Finley a special lunch to celebrate the day: home-cooked lamb chops with a plum compote. Also known as pureed lamb with pureed prunes. Oh yum. Forgive me for not including a photo of this meal; I think it only looks appealing to someone under the age of 9 months.
Derek & I also had a special meal, something I've never cooked before - cheese fondue. I don't even think I've eaten cheese fondue before. I kept asking Derek what else was supposed to go with it - a salad, some vegetables, anything? Is it really just cheese and bread (and red wine on the side)? Derek tells me that it is. I felt compelled to add something to the meal so I chopped up some vegetables as well, but Derek did not join me in vegetable fonduing. (Yes, I tried to sneak some cauliflower into my husband, but to no avail!)
|Happy New Year's from our little family!!!|
- Musings on life/work balance as I wade into the trenches of the working mother
- I tackle my new year's resolutions on the www for all to see (and hold me accountable!)
- More reflections on the joys & challenges of parenthood
- Stories about and pictures of Finley, Zambo, our family and the wonderful town we call home
- Random irregular photo dumps (not weekly, as I'm sure you've already noticed!)
- Occasional photo challenges, when the mood strikes me and when I have time
- The continuation of the cookbook challenge (I thought I'd get through my collection of 40+ cookbooks in 2013, but I only made it to 15!), now including gourmet homemade baby food!
- More Throckmorton!!!! He's been complaining that for a guy who's name is in the blog title, he seems to be in the shadow of a certain baby. So we will endeavour to change that in 2014.