Sunday 15 September 2013

Photo Challenge: Inside

When I read the theme for this week's photo challenge, I immediately thought of Finley when he was inside me.  (It would be fair to say I've got a one-track mind these days!)  It's neat to reflect back on the pregnancy, and the kicks, rolls & hiccups and realize that it was Finley in there that whole time.  I am so glad to finally meet him and get to know his personality, but I do miss the sensation of having a baby inside and feeling that closeness with him.

Here are a few photos of Finley when he was inside me.  These are pictures from the 12 week ultrasound.  We were amazed at how active he was; he was like a little jumping bean!  When he settled down to rest, you could see the pulsations of my aorta rocking him to sleep... No wonder babies like to be rocked.




I was in denial, but now when I look back at picture of me with Finley inside, there's no question: I WAS HUGE!!!  I don't think you could fit much more baby inside me.






No comments:

Post a Comment