Friday 25 October 2013

(Last weeks's) Photo Challenge: Hue of Meg

I've been so busy this week, I'm just getting around to last week's photo challenge and have already got the theme for this week.  Oops!  What can I say: real life gets in the way of my virtual life sometimes (and that is a good thing!)

Hue of Meg.  Well, let's keep in simple.  Green is my favourite colour.   I always have something to wear on St. Patrick's Day.  It's a bright, happy colour, and it's the colour of the grass, leaves, plants all around us.  So it makes me think of the natural world that I love exploring.  I love walking through our local forests that are literally dripping green.  The tremendous rains we get here grant us forests with gorgeous big trees and moss and ferns covering every surface.

Here are a few shots of green, all of these taken from a different rainforest, the tropical rainforest in Costa Rica.  The forest was saturated, both with water & with vibrant greens.  I was also lucky to get a few cool shots of some of the local inhabitants, dressed in their green finery.








And here's a shot of me in my finery: I could not help adding a splash of green to my wedding dress!
photo credit: Andy Zoltay

No comments:

Post a Comment