Friday 28 November 2014

Fall is flying by!

It's always surprising how quickly the Christmas decorations go up after Halloween.  I used to think it was an eternity between Oct 31 and Dec 25.  This year the calendar is moving at warp speed.   As bad is it is to put up the Christmas decorations immediately after Halloween, I'm sure that posting a Halloween blog post in the weeks before Christmas is a crime on the same level.  So I had better post this quickly, because the snow is falling outside tonight and December is only days away!

Finley loves to watch the train go past the window of our house.  He gets so excited when he hears the horn.  I thought he would be very excited to go for a special train ride at the West Coast Railway Museum; turns out, he was not super thrilled.


I think we'll give the Polar Express a miss this year, given the enthusiasm he had for the Mystery of the Magic Pumpkin Tour.  I thought the train was pretty awesome - they were playing Ghostbusters & all the employees were in costume.  They took us to a pumpkin patch where we picked out the perfect pumpkin to take home.





They had a carving station and a bunch of crafts happening, but it was getting close to nap time, so we had to go.  I broke my back trying to carry both my pumpkin and my munchkin back to the car.  It felt like it was about 5 km, thought it was probably 500m.  It's pretty sad what I will do for something free.  Even a free pumpkin which rotted before Halloween night (which make it look more ghoulish, so was actually a good thing... or so I told myself!)


For Halloween day, I couldn't wait to get dressed into our costumes.  It turned out that the costume I got for Finley was a little too small, but he rocked it anyway.  He was so darn adorable that I was inspired to dress up in costume that enhanced his Halloween look.

Ladies and gentleman, I bring you Princess Leia & Chewbacca:


I had the day off of work, so I took Chewie to a Halloween party at a community play group. We did arts & crafts, had special treats for snack and even trick or treated!




Next year Finley will be old enough to chose his own costume - I can't wait to see what he will want!

Winter seems to be arriving this weekend and it's chilly out.  We've been cooking lots of comfort foods lately, and I've got some cook book challenges in the wings.... so there will be more posts to come!  Soon, I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Meg, I love that you've captured Finley's train ride and fun in the pumpkin patch (thanks so much for the trauma, mom). Next time you're running out of time with the pumpkin, a black felt marker does a decent "makeshift" job. Far less mess and really quick!

    ReplyDelete